Spend the day at this free seminar with United States Patent and Trademark Office Design Examiners, Managers, Design Patent Practitioners and Industrial Designers from across the country. Join us for the live stream of this event about all aspects of design patents, from conception through enforcement. (There is no fee to attend and space is available; however, we ask that you register in advance.) No CLE credit is offered for this event.
Please click on the Register button below, or contact the USPTO Texas Regional Office directly (see contact information below).
- Meeting the new director of Tech Center 2900
- Developments at the USPTO including updates on ID5 and the Design Law Treaty initiatives
- Demonstration of the 3D image filing system used by the Korean Intellectual Property Office
- Return of the popular Patent Prosecution Best Practices Panel where experienced practitioners and USPTO examiners discuss recent examination and prosecution trends
- Tag team presentation from an industrial designer and in-house counsel about strategic protection of designs
- Distinguished panel discussing evolving design IP in the context of fashion trends
- Mock argument illustrating some implications of prosecution on claim interpretation and enforcement after a patent issues
- Popular case law wrap-up summarizing important design patent decisions over the past year, including Apple v. Samsung and recent design patent decisions from the PTAB
In preparation for our panel on best practice tips and pitfalls, please email your own personal tips for success or design patent prosecution issues before the USPTO, that you’d like to see improved, to Beth Ferrill at email@example.com.
8:30 am – 4:00 pm CT Meeting
11:00 am - 12:15 pm CT Lunch Break (lunch is not provided)
4:00 pm CT Closing
The program is free and open to the public. For inquiries about the event:
please email texasregionalUSPTOEvents@USPTO.GOV(link sends e-mail), visit us at the Texas Regional Office home page, or call us at 469-295-9000.