Public Input for USPTO 2007 - 2012 Strategic Plan
The United States Patent and Trademark Office (USPTO) sought comments and suggestions from the public to assist the agency in developing its new strategic plan. The plan will guide the USPTO's operations from 2007-2012. An e-mail box, StrategicPlanning1@uspto.gov, was established for the public's use in submitting suggestions, ideas and comments that the agency considered in developing the new plan. You may continue to use this e-mail box to ask questions regarding this plan.
>> View 2007-2012 Strategic Plan
Public Comments Received
The USPTO is posting 18 comments received in response to the draft strategic plan that was posted on August 24, 2006. Where asterisked, these are the original comments as received from the commentator. If you are unable to read these documents, you may call the Office of Corporate Planning of the USPTO at 571-272-6293 to arrange for someone to read the comments to you. The remaining two comments have been modified by the USPTO for posting, and thus have been made compliant with section 508 of the Workforce Investment Act of 1998.
Etherton Law Group LLC, Sandra Etherton [PDF]
* International Trademark Association (INTA), Paul Reidl, President [PDF]
* Lee Hollaar, Registered Patent Agent and Professor, School of Computing, University of Utah [PDF]
Vasudevan, Bharat Heavy Electricals Ltd., India [DOC]
* Biotechnology Industry Organization, Lila Feisee, Managing Director for IP [PDF]
* American Bar Association, Susan Barberi Montgomery, Chair, Section of IP Law [MS Word]
* Walker Digital Management, LLC, Jay Walker, Chairman [PDF]
* BIOCOM, Jimmy Jackson, VP of Public Policy [PDF]
* American Intellectual Property Law Association (AIPLA), Michael Kirk, Executive Director [PDF]
* National Association of Patent Practitioners (NAPP), Prepared by Government Affairs Committee [PDF]
* United Inventors Association (UIA), Donald Kelly, President [DOC]
* Computer and Communications Industry Association (CCIA), Brian Kahin, Senior Fellow [PDF]
* IBM Corporation, Manny W. Schecter, Associate General Counsel, IP Law and Lynne D. Anderson, Sr. Program Manager, USPTO Office Liaison [DOC]
* Intellectual Ventures, LLC, Matthew Rainey, Esq., Vice President/Patent Counsel [PDF]
* Intellectual Property Owners, Inc. (IPO), Marc Adler, President [PDF]
Ronald J. Mann, University of Texas School of Law [DOC]
* P. Martin Simpson, Jr., University Counsel, The Regents of the University of California [PDF]
* William T. Fryer, III, Professor of Law, University of Baltimore School of Law [PDF]
>> Some contents linked to on this page require a plug-in for DOC files. Some contents linked to on this page require a plug-in for PDF files.