Richard Maulsby or Paul Fucito
(571) 272-8400 or email@example.com;
Washington - The United States Patent and Trademark Office (USPTO) will host the 2012 National Trademark Expo on Friday, Oct. 19, and Saturday, Oct. 20, at the USPTO's headquarters in Alexandria, Virginia. The free two-day event is designed to educate the public about trademarks and their importance in the global marketplace. Last year's Trademark Expo attracted more than 15,000 visitors of all ages.
Exhibitors are invited to showcase their federally-registered trademarks through educational exhibits, including booths, themed-displays, costumed characters, and inflatables. In addition, the Expo features educational seminars for adults, and children's workshops and activities.
Space is limited, so owners of federally-registered trademarks who wish to participate in this year's Trademark Expo must submit an application by May 18, 2012.
Applications to exhibit at the Expo will be evaluated on the following criteria:
- Brand recognition among consumers
- Ability to engage the public's interest in trademarks
- Educational value of the proposed exhibit to enhance public understanding of the value of trademarks
- Category diversity, in particular whether an applicant's participation helps ensure that the Expo will feature a variety of different types of trademarks from different sources
Applications will be reviewed by the National Inventors' Hall of Fame on a rolling basis. Those applicants who are selected to exhibit in the Expo will be notified by June 15, 2012.
For more information, visit www.uspto.gov/TMExpo. For non-press inquiries, please email TMExpo@uspto.gov or contact Susan Hayash at (571) 272-9362, Lana Pham at (571) 272-9478, or Carol Spils at (571) 272-9226.
Stay current with the USPTO by subscribing to receive email updates at our Subscription Center at www.uspto.gov/subscribe.