Headquarters – USPTO announces the 2018 Customer Partnership Meeting to be hosted by the directors and managers of Technology Centers 3600 and 3700 in conjunction with AIPLA. Members of the public are invited to attend. The Partnership Meeting is an opportunity to bring stakeholders together to share ideas, experiences and insights and to provide a forum for an informal discussion of many topics specific to all mechanical disciplines, including medical technology, gaming, transportation, to name only a few.
While a formal agenda is forthcoming, focus for the Customer Partnership meeting will include:
Prosecuting Patents to Withstand Validity Challenges:
- Current Climate Driving Patent Prosecution Practices
- How are patents invalidated?
- Strategies in Identifying Prior Art with both USPTO and EPO Perspectives
- Claim Interpretation
- AIA Problems and Improvements
Requests for Attendance at the Partnership Meeting:
- Requests for attendance will be honored on a first-come, first-served basis according to the time and date of receipt of each request. In order to ensure a broad cross-section of attendees, the USPTO reserves the right to limit the number of attendees from any single organization or law firm. Therefore, organizations and law firms must designate their official representatives. Individuals will be notified of accepted requests for attendance by the USPTO no later than one week prior to the date of the meeting. Non-accepted requesters will also be notified by the USPTO. No one will be permitted to attend without an accepted request.
- Register at https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/TC36003700Partnership
The Partnership Meeting is hosted by TC 3600, TC 3700 and the AIPLA
- Jack Harvey, Assistant Deputy Commissioner for Patent Operations,TC3600, USPTO
- Irem Yucel, Assistant Deputy Commissioner for Patent Operations, TC3700, USPTO
- Kathy Matecki, Group Director, TC 3600, USPTO
- Wendy Garber, Group Director, TC 3600, USPTO
- Rinaldi Rada, Group Director, TC 3600, USPTO
- Jerry Lorengo, Group Director, TC 3700, USPTO
- Tim Callahan, Group Director, TC 3700, USPTO
- Cheryl Tyler, Group Director, TC 3700, USPTO
- Keisha Bryant, Group Director, TC 3700, USPTO
FOR FURTHER INFORMATION, PLEASE CONTACT:
Linda Dvorak: (571) 272-4764 Chuck Marmor (571) 272-473
Carl Layno: (571) 272-4949 Niketa Patel (571) 272-4156 Kevin Sirmons: (571) 272-4965
Victor Batson (571)272-6987 Kimberly Berona (571) 272-6909
Other Patents Customer Partnership Meetings are also available for your review.