The National Trademark Expo is a free event is designed to educate the public about trademarks and their importance in the global marketplace. Exhibitors will showcase their federally-registered trademarks through educational exhibits, including outdoor and indoor-themed displays, booths, costumed characters, and inflatables. In addition, the expo will feature educational seminars for adults and workshops and activities for children.
The 2016 expo was held at the Andrew W. Mellon Auditorium in Washington, DC on October 20 and 21, 2016. The theme of the expo was"Movement and Energy.”
Educational presentations (both days):
11:00 am - 12:15 pm Trademark Basics
12:30 pm - 1:30 pm Applying to Seek Federal Registration
2:00 pm - 2:45 pm What Happens After Registration
3:00 pm - 3:45 pm Why Buy "Legit"
Exhibitors and participants:
- 1000 Cranes, LLC
- DC Rollergirls
- Velcro Companies
- American Intellectual Property Law Association
- BERG USA
- David Introcaso, Ph.D.
- Department of the Navy
- City of Falls Church (Virginia) Economic Development Authority
- Hershey Chocolate & Confectionery Corporation (The Hershey Company)\
- Idaho Potato Commission
- United Parcel Service Inc. (UPS)
- Barbara Werner – MUSICAL PAIRING
- Department of Homeland Security
- OH MERCY! HOT SAUCE, LLC
- Under Armour, Inc.
- The Coca-Cola Company
- General Electric Company
- Paradise Springs Winery
- The National Institute on Deafness and Other Communication Disorders
- United States Air Force
- Indian Arts and Crafts Board, U.S. Department of the Interior
- Edward Scherrer -- InSoFast
- International Trademark Association - Unreal Campaign
- U.S. Chamber of Commerce
- Kraft Heinz Foods Company
- Erwin Mack
- UPS Man
- 1000 Cranes
- Crayola crayons’ “Tips”
- Fruit of the Loom "fruit suits"
- DC Rollergirls
- Hershey Candy
- The Velcro Brand Dog
- Children's workshop featuring "What is a Trademark?"
- Activity center featuring an arts and crafts station
- Hands-on cctivities
- Scavenger hunt
- 1909 Ford Model T
- UPS truck
- Mr. Peanut Nutmobile
- Oscar Mayer Wienermobile
Our guest speaker at the opening ceremony was Kevin M. Haley, Under Armour’s President of Category Management & Innovation. Mr. Haley is responsible for internally and externally driving Under Armour’s innovation practices, allowing the creation of cutting-edge products with a head-to-toe approach.
For general information about the expo, please visit the About the USPTO's National Trademark Expo page.