All customers are encouraged to register so they are ready to use the full features of Private PAIR and EFS-Web.
For questions/comments or further assistance on any announcement, please send an e-mail to email@example.com or call the Patent Electronic Business Center at 1- 866-217-9197 (toll-free) or 571-272-4100 from 6 a.m. to 12 Midnight Eastern Time, Monday – Friday.
PAIR Availability: 23 hours x 7 days per week (unavailable 04:30 AM to 05:30 AM ET daily)
Advisory (24JAN2015): Beginning on January 24th, 2015, PAIR users will notice the following new system enhancements:
- Assignment information (Assignments Tab) will now be available for all applications in both Public and Private PAIR. Previously, assignment information was only made available to Private PAIR users who were associated to the application.
Supplemental Examination Cases
- For Supplemental Examination cases, when the document, List of Items of Information – Supp Exam (SE.ITEM.LIST) is available in IFW, it will also be listed in the Reference Forms section under the Display References tab in both Public and Private PAIR.
Attorney/Agent Status Information
- Attorney/Agent information has been updated to accurately reflect current status under the Address & Attorney/Agent tab. If an Attorney/Agent is in a status other than “Active”, a “Not Active” label will appear next to the individual’s name.
Attorney Docket Number Search
- In response to user feedback, the Attorney Docket Number search has been relocated. The Attorney Docket Search will now be located under the Search for Application section in Private PAIR.
Advisory (08NOV2014): Beginning on November 8th, 2014, PAIR users will notice the following new system enhancements:
The Hague Agreement Concerning the International Registration of Industrial Designs (“Hague Agreement”)
In preparation for the Hague Agreement taking effect with respect to the United States, the USPTO PAIR system is being upgraded to allow users to search for applications by international registration number once the Hague Agreement has taken effect with respect to the United States and this information becomes available. Likewise, two new related data elements have been added to the Application Data tab in anticipation of the Hague Agreement having effect in the United States.
PLEASE NOTE: Any data associated with international design applications will not be available in PAIR until after the Geneva Act of the Hague Agreement has taken effect with respect to the United States. Attempting to search for international design applications or data associated with these applications prior to that date will accordingly result in an error message being displayed.
Public/Private view indicator
- When viewing an application in Private PAIR, a new indicator is displayed on the Application Data tab specifying whether the user is viewing the application as a public user or a private owner.
Correspondence Address Customer Number always displayed
- The customer number assigned for Correspondence Address will now appear on the Application Data tab for all applications as well the Address and Attorney/Agent tab in both Public and Private PAIR.
PKI user name added to PAIR menu bar
- Private PAIR will now present the digital certificate holder’s name on the Sign-Off Authenticated Session menu throughout the user session.
New Collapsible Menus
- Collapsible menus have been added to the Private PAIR search screen to improve the display of the various search options.
- Search for Application
- Search by Customer Number
- PAIR Administration
- The PAIR Administration menu has been added in advance of future PAIR functionality, which will allow users to self-administer some select administrative tasks.
e-Biz Alerts - Check current status, planned events, descriptions, operating requirements/compatibilities and standard hours of availability for online business systems
e-Commerce Patents Alerts - Receive up-to-date information, including news and system enhancements, regarding the USPTO Patents e-Commerce programs