EFS-Web Security & Other Settings
Security & Other Settings for EFS-Web and Private Pair
Please ensure that the following settings are applied to your computer and/or network. Note: You may need Administrative rights to adjust some of these settings.
- Networks and Firewall infrastructures must allow outbound communication to USPTO via port 443/https.
- Networks and Firewall infrastructures must not strip packet header contents.
- Workstations must run a supported Operating System version.
- Workstations must run a supported Browser.
- Browsers are strongly recommended to be configured for usage of TLS instead of SSL.
- Browsers must support HTML frames.
- Browsers/workstations must accept cookies, at least for the length of a particular communications session.
Authenticated Users (Registered eFilers)
Browsers/workstations must accept Entrust security applets, for download and use, at least for the length of a particular communications session. Workstations must run a supported Java Runtime Environment/Java Virtual Machine (JRE/JVM).
Un-Authenticated Users (Unregistered eFilers)