16 - Matters Not Specifically Provided For
Deciding Office: The Office of Petitions
The criteria for a Petition related to Matters not Specifically Provided For is set forth in 37 CFR 1.182.
In general, these are the steps to follow for filing a Petition related to Matters not Specifically Provided For:
- A Petition related to Matters not Specifically Provided For under 37 CFR 1.182 may be filed for all situations not specifically provided for in any other rule under Title 37 of the Code of Federal Regulations. A petition under 37 CFR 1.182 must be accompanied by: a detailed statement that specifically identifies: (1) the situation for which petitions is seeking relief; (2) why petitioner believes that such relief is proper; (3) what action the petitioner desires the Office to take on his/her behalf; (4) any additional pertinent information and/or copies of any documentary evidence that supports petitioner’s statement, and (5) the petition fee under 37 CFR 1.17(f).
- For the proper petition fee required for a Petitions related to Matters not Specifically Provided For, please consult the Current USPTO Fee Schedule on the Fee Information Page for code 1464/2464/3464 (Large Entity/Small Entity/Micro Entity) under the Patent Petition Fees.
How to File:
- This petition may be filed using any of these delivery methods.
For the relevant patent laws and rules applicable to for Petitions related to Matters not Specifically Provided For, please see:
- 37 CFR 1.17, Patent application and reexamination processing fees and
- 37 CFR 1.182, Questions not specifically provided for.
No form available. Submit a signed request that includes information listed in Requirements of a Petition.
For further assistance, please contact the Petitions Help Desk between 8:30 AM - 5 PM (EDT).