This page includes information about appeals conducted by the Patent Trial and Appeal Board from adverse decisions of examiners in patent applications, reissue applications, and reexamination proceedings.
- Board Rules for Ex Parte Appeals (link is external)
- Board Rules for Inter Partes Appeals (link is external)
- Practice Tips and Checklists to Reduce Non-Compliant Briefs
This page includes a listing of the top eight reasons briefs are found to be non-compliant, checklists used by the Office to determine if briefs comply with the rules, and forms used by the Office to notify parties of non-compliant briefs.
- Practice Tips for Writing Effective Appeal Briefs
- Suggestion Box (link sends e-mail)
- Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
- Board Rules for Appeals Filed Before January 2012 (link is external) [PDF]
- MPEP Chapter 1200 (Appeals)
- MPEP Chapter 2200 (Ex Parte Reexamination)
- MPEP Chapter 2600 (Inter Partes Reexamination)
- Guidance on Petitions Under CFR Rule 41.3 to the PTAB
- Fee and Payment Information