August 10, 2012
Press Release, 12-49
USPTO to Hold Texas Regional Inventors Conference in Austin, September 14-15
Government officials, successful entrepreneurs, and legal experts available to assist inventors
Washington—The U.S. Department of Commerce’s United States Patent and Trademark Office (USPTO) will hold the Texas Regional Independent Inventors Conference on September 14-15, 2012 in the Thompson Conference Center located on the campus of the University of Texas at Austin. Co-hosted by Invent Now® and the University of Texas at Austin, the conference will provide inventors and innovators with education from intellectual property experts in their respective fields and practical advice from successful inventors.
Conference highlights include presentations, workshops, and one-on-one advisory sessions conducted by senior USPTO officials and others who will inform and answer questions about patents and trademarks. Presenters include:
- Robert Metcalfe (2007 National Inventors Hall of Fame Inductee)
- Karen C. Parker (Director and International Trade Specialist, Austin U.S. Export Assistance Center, U.S. Commercial Service-Austin, U.S. Dept. of Commerce)
- John Calvert (Acting Associate Commissioner for Patents, USPTO Office of Innovation Development)
- Elizabeth Dougherty (Director of Inventor Education, Outreach and Recognition, USPTO Office of Innovation Development)
- Darnell Jayne (Supervisory Patent Examiner, USPTO Technology Center 3600)
- Catherine Cain (Trademark Staff Attorney, USPTO)
Space is limited and registration is on a first-come, first-served basis. Learn more, including how to register, by visiting www.uspto.gov/Austin2012. If you have questions about the conference contact the USPTO’s Office of Innovation Development at 866-767-3848.
Stay current with the USPTO by subscribing to receive e-mail updates. Visit our Subscription Center at www.uspto.gov/subscribe.