How do I get a trademark?

You can fill out an application online, check it for completeness, and file it over the Internet using the Trademark Electronic Application System (TEAS), at You can also respond to Office actions and file notices of change of address and many other documents through TEAS.

You can check the status of your application through the Trademark Applications and Registrations Retrieval (TARR) database at

If you do not have access to the Internet, you can call the Trademark Assistance Center at 1-800-786-9199 (or 1- 571-272-9250) to request a paper form. For further information about applying for a trademark registration, see Basic Facts about Trademarks at


USPTO FAQ - Questions and Answers (12JAN2005)