Notices of possible system outages
USPTO to Host First-Inventor-to-File Forum on Monday, March 17, 2014
The United States Patent and Trademark Office (USPTO) will host a public forum to discuss the first-inventor-to-file (FITF) provisions of the America Invents Act (AIA) on the first anniversary of the FITF implementation. The forum will be held on Monday, March 17, 2014, at the USPTO headquarters, Madison Auditorium, in Alexandria, Virginia from 12:30 to 5 pm ET. Members of the public are invited to attend in person or via webcast (access information below).
The forum is intended to bring stakeholders together with USPTO subject matter experts to discuss the FITF provisions. It will begin with a thirty-minute informal meet-and-greet session, allowing participants to chat with the experts, followed by an informational program covering the following topics:
- Review of FITF filings made to date
- Explanation of whether/when an application will be examined under the FITF statutory framework
- Overview of the FITF statutory framework and tips on responding to prior art rejections
- Tour of the AIA (FITF) website
- Q&A panel discussion
Pre-registration is not required; seating is first-come, first-served. CLE is not available.
Webcast access instructions:
- Event number: 996 792 614
- Event password: 12345
- Event address: https://uspto-events.webex.com/uspto-events/onstage/g.php?t=a&d=996792614
Posted at 04:08PM Feb 27, 2014 in Implementation Activities/Roadshows |