Patent Public Advisory Committee Public Session
Lunch break from 11:50 a.m. to 1:00 p.m.
- 9:30 am 12:00 Noon Discussion of Action Items from 2008 PPAC Annual Report.
The following agenda items are several issues PPAC has recommended to be addressed by USPTO officials before and/or during this PPAC public session. These issues were identified and discussed in the 2007 and 2008 PPAC reports. Please read the 2007 PPAC report and 2008 PPAC report for full details; in particular, the scorecard in the 2008 report.
- Definitions of a quality issued patent, quality patent application and quality patent prosecution and examination.
- Revisions to the current information disclosure statement requirements (e.g., Rules 1.98 and 1.99), including the ramifications of the Inequitable Conduct theory on any proposed rules.
- Pre-examination interviews.
- Nationwide USPTO workforce.
- USPTO/University pilot program to offer loans to qualified engineering students willing to become examiners.
- Market-based examination model.
- Full utilization of foreign prior art searches and expanded IPC search capability.
- 12:00 Noon 1:00 pm Luncheon Speaker, Dr. Gary Michelson.
- 1:00 pm 2:50 pm Continue Discussion of Action Items from 2008 PPAC Annual Report and what PPAC seeks to accomplish in 2009.
- 2:50 pm 3:00 pm Process for 2009 PPAC nominee applications John Doll.
- 3:00 pm Closing from Chairman Rivette.