The USPTO is using Cisco WebEx Meeting Server (CWMS) to conduct video conferences with external stakeholders. Below are instructions on how to join a USPTO hosted video conference. Useful information and links are also provided on how to use WebEx collaboration tools including audio/video conferencing and file sharing.
WebEx "How To.." : Short videos describing how to share a file, attend a meeting, connect to the meeting audio and more
Tips on joining a WebEx meeting: Check here if you are having trouble joining a meeting
Office personnel are reminded that applicable guidance regarding communications with outside parties must be followed when using WebEx. See, for example, MPEP 713.
How to Join a USPTO WebEx Meeting
Software may need to be downloaded (using Administrative privileges) to participate in an online WebEx Meeting. If Administrative privileges are not available, other options such as Java and running a temporary application are available. A high-speed Internet connection is recommended.
1. Open the email containing the WebEx online meeting invitation and click on the link to join the visual component of the online meeting.
2. Enter 'Your name' and 'Email address' in the Meeting Center window and click 'Join'.
If an Add-On or Plug-In appears and you have administrative privileges to install the application, select 'Allow' or 'Download' to install and launch the WebEx Application. (Depending on which browser you are using, the dialog box may appear different.)
First time users may receive the following popup when opening a CWMS meeting from IE. Click Yes to continue and open the meeting.
Click Add WebEx to Chrome
Click on Cisco WebEx_Add_On.exe to run the executable WebEx file.
A new Cisco WebEx Extension box will appear. Click on the +FREE button on the top right corner to install the WebEx extension.
The WebEx meeting will now open.
4. If Administrative privileges are not available, users can 'Use Java' on Internet Explorer or 'Run a temporary application' on Google Chrome and Mozilla Firefox.
5. To join the audio component of the online meeting, enter your 10 digit phone number in the Audio Conference Window and click on 'Call Me'. WebEx will call the entered phone number.
6. Your phone will ring. Answer it and when prompted, press '1' on the phone dial pad to enter the audio portion of the conference.
7. To display Video, if applicable, when the WebEx Meeting starts click the 'Start my video' button next to your name in the participants list.
Disclaimer: The United States Patent and Trademark Office provides these links and this information solely for the convenience of members of the public who may need to access USPTO sponsored web meetings offered using these collaboration tools. The USPTO does not endorse these companies' products nor the accuracy of any information presented on their web sites. All brand and product names are trademarks, registered trademarks or service marks of their respective companies.